Find out about National Zoological Park Delhi ticket prices and essential entry information. Plan your visit to this incredible wildlife destination.
National Zoological Park Delhi (NZP) is one of the largest and most popular zoos in India. Located in the heart of New Delhi, the zoo is home to over 1,300 animals from around the world, representing over 130 species. NZP is a popular tourist destination and a center for conservation and research
NZP was established in 1959 and was initially known as Delhi Zoo. It was named National Zoological Park in 1982. The zoo is spread over an area of 176 acres and is divided into different sections, each of which is home to a specific group of animals. The zoo also has many other attractions, such as a children’s park, a botanical garden, and a nature trail.
NZP is a great place for a fun and educational day out. The zoo is open to the public on all days except Fridays and national holidays. Tickets can be purchased online or at the zoo gate.
- To purchase tickets online, visit the National Zoological Park Delhi website.
- Select the date of visit and the number of tickets required.
- Enter your personal details and make the payment.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive an e-ticket.
- Print out the e-ticket and bring it with you on the day of your visit.
- The ticket counter at the National Zoological Park Delhi is open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- You can purchase tickets with cash or card.
Ticket price for adults is Rs. 80.
Ticket price for children (5-12 years) and senior citizens (60 years and above) is Rs. 40.
Children below 5 years of age are admitted free.
National Zoological Park Delhi also offers various other services like battery powered vehicles, guided tours, and animal safaris.
There are also several food and beverage kiosks within the zoo premises.
Tips for buying tickets
To avoid long queues at the ticket counter, especially during peak season, it is advisable to buy tickets online in advance.
If you are buying tickets online, make sure to book your tickets at least 24 hours in advance.
Carry a valid ID when visiting the zoo.
Children under 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
The National Zoological Park Delhi is a great place to visit for a fun and educational day out. The zoo is home to a wide variety of animals from all over the world, and the ticket prices are reasonable. There are also a number of other services available, such as battery-operated vehicles, guided tours, and animal safari.
Here are a few tips for making the most of your visit to the National Zoological Park Delhi:
- Plan your visit in advance and purchase your tickets online to avoid long queues at the ticket counter.
- Arrive early in the morning to avoid the crowds and beat the heat.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as you will be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, and water, especially if you are visiting during the summer months.
- Take your time and enjoy the experience. Don’t rush from one animal enclosure to the next.
- Be respectful of the animals and their enclosures. Do not feed the animals or tap on the glass.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, ask a zookeeper.